Animal Recovery Mission
This policy describes the personal information Animal Recovery Mission (“ARM”) collects about you, why we collect it, how we use it, and when we may share it with third parties.
This policy covers our online experiences including our websites. Our policy also describes how we collect and use your information. If our information practices change, we will post an updated policy on our website. This Policy does not apply to ARM’s presence on a third-party social networking site or any mobile applications not offered for download on this Website – please see the privacy statements at those locations to learn how your information will be handled. You can tell if this policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears above. If we change the policy in a material way, we will provide appropriate notice to you. You may exercise your choices about how we use your information consistent with this policy at any time.
What kind of information does ARM collect?
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card number, gender, birthday, personal interests, etc., when you engage in activities such as visiting our website, making a donation online, saving your information with us online, contacting us with a question or concern, or participating in a contest, promotion, or survey.
We may combine personal information with information about your online transactions and other interactions with us, including your donations. We may also combine your personal information with information we receive from other sources, such as joint marketing partners, public databases, publicly available pages on social media platforms and other third parties. In addition, as permitted by the social media site, if you choose to engage in social sharing, the social media site may share information with us about your use of their services, including profile information, information about your contacts and content you have viewed or liked. Please refer to the social media site’s privacy settings to control how your information is shared.
How does ARM use my information?
We may use your personal information to provide services and to support our charitable activities. For example, we may use this information for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our activities, contests, and promotions, including marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you
- To communicate with other persons using contact information you provide, such as when you designate another person as the recipient of a refer-a-friend message
- To make your website experience easier, more enjoyable and more efficient
- To address problems with and improve our services and technologies, as well as to develop new services and technologies
- To facilitate social sharing
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions
- To prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches and activities that are or potentially may be prohibited or illegal
- As we believe to be required or appropriate to protect the rights, property, safety and security of ARM and our employees, supporters and others
- As we believe to be required or appropriate under applicable law, to respond to requests from government authorities and to comply with legal process
You always have the choice not to receive marketing information or calls. For instructions on opting out, please see the section entitled, “How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?”, below.
How does ARM share my information?
We may share your personal information, such as in the following ways:
- By Interacting. If you donate to ARM, sign a petition, or voluntarily submit information through our website or by phone or mail, we may share your name, postal address, email address, and donation history with like-minded organizations for their marketing purposes. We also do not share personal information about supporters who only browse or email comments. If you would prefer that we not share information about you with other companies, please let us know by contacting us as described in the section entitled, “How do I contact you?”, below.
- By You. You may disclose personal information when you post content to our website or other public forums, such as our brand’s social media pages and blogs. Any information that you disclose through these services will become public.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with our service providers who manage our supporter information and perform services on our behalf, such as fulfilling promotions, sending communications to our supporters, conducting surveys, etc. We do not authorize any of these service providers to make any other use or disclosure of your information.
- Third Parties. We may share your information when we team up with another company to offer or provide services, contests, or promotions to our supporters.
- Legal Requirements. We may share information about you if necessary or appropriate, in our good faith judgment, to comply with laws or regulations or in response to a valid subpoena, order, or government request, or to protect the operations, privacy, safety, property or rights of ARM or others, including without your express consent.
- Other Disclosures. We also may share information about you as described at the point of collection or otherwise pursuant to your consent.
What other information does ARM collect?
We may collect information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser and device information; information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information and other information provided by you; and aggregated information.
We may use and disclose such information for any lawful purpose. If required, we will treat such information as personal information in accordance with this policy. We will also treat such information as personal information to the extent it is combined with personal information.
We may collect information in a variety of ways, including:
- Your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and browser click-through and usage data.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: We may use pixel tags to, among other things, track the actions of users of our sites and services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of our sites and services and response rates.
- IP Address: Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet service provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access our websites, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. Your IP address may also indicate your approximate physical location. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other technologies. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels and diagnosing server problem
- Location Information: When you use our website, we may use automated technology to collect information indicating the physical location of your device, such as GPS data, cell phone tower data, Wi-Fi signals, or your device’s IP address. We may use and disclose your location information as described elsewhere in this notice. For example, we may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content.
- Aggregated information: We may collect and use aggregated personal information, which does not personally identify you. For example, we may calculate the percentage of our site users who have a particular telephone area code.
How do I access or change my information?
You can ask us to update your personal information by contacting us as described in the section entitled, “How do I contact you?”, below. Please note that any request to update your personal information may take up to 10 days for your email request and 6-8 weeks for your postal mail request.
How do I make choices about receiving promotional communications?
ARM wants to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive communications from ARM, you can let us know by contacting us as described in the section entitled, “How do I contact you?”, below.
If you change your mind, you can start receiving promotional communications from us again by signing up when you visit our websites or when you sign a petition or enter a contest, or by contacting us.
How does ARM protect kids’ privacy?
ARM is concerned about the privacy and safety of children when they use the Internet. We will never knowingly request personally identifiable information online from anyone under the age of
13 without prior verifiable parental consent. Our websites are general audience sites and are not targeted to or intended for use by children. When a user discloses Personal Information on the Website, or any Related Project Website, he or she is representing his or her age as at least thirteen years.
How is my information used for behavioral or targeted advertising and what choices do I have?
We also work with third-party companies that use their tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our websites in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These companies may collect information over time about your activity on our sites and other sites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications. These technologies and the information collected about you may also be used to track your activity across multiple devices.
Please note that even if you opt-out, these tracking technologies may still collect data and you will still see ads, but they will not be targeted based upon the information collected through these tracking technologies.
How do I know my personal information is secure?
We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to help protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
When you enter your personal information on our websites, we use encryption technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. We have taken steps designed to protect your Personal Information, and we require our service providers to take similar precautions. Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will not be accessed without authorization. Please note that Personal Information sent over an unsecured Internet connection could be obtained by third parties. By using our Website, you acknowledge and agree that (i) we make no guarantee as to the safety and security of your Personal Information and (ii) you visit and interact with our Website at your own risk.
What about links to other websites?
How do I contact you?
Animal Recovery Mission
P.O. Box 403344
Miami Beach, Fl 33140
Tel. (786) 877-2013
Last updated: January 1, 2020